The Chase Freedom Unlimited is the successor to the extremely popular Chase Freedom card. Unlike the Chase Freedom, which offers 5% back on rotating categories and 1% on all other purchases, the Chase Freedom Unlimited simply offers 1.5% back on all purchases at all times.
- Excellent Credit Required
- 15,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after only $500 in spending in the first three months
- 0% APR on both purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Cash back received in the form of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, among the most valuable rewards programs around
- Purchase Protection
- Price Protection
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver (Secondary)
- Other cards offer higher cash back rates of 2% on all purchases
The Chase Freedom Unlimited is one of the best cash back cards on the market if you also have another Chase card that allows you to transfer points to travel partners. For most people, that card will be the Chase Sapphire Preferred. In that case, the redemption rate of Chase Ultimate Rewards points exceeds 1 cent per point, and ultimately becomes a very lucrative rewards card.
However, if you have no interest in travel and don’t possess a Chase card that allows transfers to travel partners, you may be better off with a card that simply offers a higher cash back rate. A great option is the Citi Double Cash, which has a 2% cash back rate on absolutely all purchases.